Personal information we collect
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you, but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third-party data processor.
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to MailChimp who provide us with email marketing services. We consider MailChimp to be a third-party data processor. The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s database for as long as we continue to use MailChimp’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter. While your email address remains within the MailChimp database, you will receive periodic emails from us.
About our server
This website is hosted by WP Engine within a UK data centre
Some of the data center’s more notable security features are as follows:
- In-house vulnerability scanning for all infrastructure, servers, databases and applications are conducted regularly, vulnerability scanning reports are processed internally and remedied quickly. Any customer impacting changes are reported on our public status blog, but only after we’ve made the changes to reduce the chance of exposure.
- The WP Engine’s computing environment undergo external penetration testing by an independent, qualified vendor at least once per year. WP Engine contracts with a third-party vendor to perform penetration testing. Penetration testing results are formally communicated to WP Engine and remediation plans developed to address items noted within.
- The data center environment undergoes a SAS 70 Type II examination at least annually.
- All computing equipment is in a physically secure facility, where electronic access controls are used to prevent unauthorized access to computing facilities
- Firewalls configured based on the principle of least privilege, where firewalls only allow approved applications, protocols, and services required to meet business needs
- Intrusion detection or intrusion prevention systems are used to monitor and/or protect your network
- Background screenings are conducted for all personnel (employees and contractors) that have access to critical infrastructure, servers, applications, or data
- Documented security baselines to harden and secure IT systems. WP Engine’s security firms establish baselines and ensure we are adhering to them. These change over time as new information and processes are put into place.
- WP Engine maintains reasonable security precautions consistent with industry best practices, as documented in standards such as ISO/IEC 27002
The server that hosts this site continually monitors developments in data security, privacy, and compliance around the globe, including the GDPR. The server has always upheld the core principles behind GDPR as evidenced by its early adoption of the Privacy Shield program, and is expected to be in compliance when it is implemented.
- Daily Backups – Automated, redundant systems for your critical applications.
- Enterprise-Grade Security – Proactive WordPress security keeps your data and your website safe.
- Firewall – Multiple, powerful firewalls between your data and threats.
- Malware scan – Proactive detection and elimination of malware.
- Evercache – Proprietary caching technology for massive scalability and speed.
- 1-Click Restore – Instant backup and restore with easy Snapshot Backups.
All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
Third party data processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation. All of these third parties are based in the USA and are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.